Hour Exchange La Plata (H.E.L.P), La Plata County Colorado.
Thursday, December 11 : Intro talk at 6pm and potluck at 7pm at Turtle Lake Refuge, 848 E 3rd Ave., around the back and up the stairs.
Tuesday, December 16: Orientation (6 - 7pm) at St. Mark’s Church (corner of E. 3rd Ave. and 9th St. in the downstairs library). Come at 5:30 for a brief intro.
Saturday, December 20: Open house from 5 to 8 pm at Jackie Morlan's (118 W. Mill St., Bayfield). Cookie swap. For more information call Jackie at 970-769-6873.
What you may find when you join H.E.L.P.
- That everyone’s time is equal to everyone else’s.
- Help with projects.
- New friends.
- Real social security.
- Opportunities to learn new things.
- Outlets for your creativity.
- The joy of working together with other people.
- A rich confluence of generations, cultures, ideologies.
- Projects that benefit both individuals and the whole community.
- Endless possibilities of what we can accomplish together.
- A life in which receiving really is as important as giving.
- Other people who like the idea of a local economy based on exchanges of time.
- That the abilities you take for granted are of great value to those who don’t possess them.