Hour Exchange La Plata (H.E.L.P), La Plata County Colorado.
A Time Bank is a group of people who come together to help each other save time and money by sharing their skills and knowledge with one another. Time is the medium of exchange. Everyone’s hours are valued equally.
Monday, April 27 at 6pm - Introductory talk at the Holly House (831 E. 31st St. in Durango - just west of Holly between 32nd and Florida Rd.) followed by a Community Potluck at 6:45.
What you may find when you join H.E.L.P.
- That everyone’s time is equal to everyone else’s.
- Help with projects.
- New friends.
- Real social security.
- Opportunities to learn new things.
- Outlets for your creativity.
- The joy of working together with other people.
- A rich confluence of generations, cultures, ideologies.
- Projects that benefit both individuals and the whole community.
- Endless possibilities of what we can accomplish together.
- A life in which receiving really is as important as giving.
- Other people who like the idea of a local economy based on exchanges of time.
- That the abilities you take for granted are of great value to those who don’t possess them.