Hour Exchange La Plata (H.E.L.P), La Plata County Colorado.
A Time Bank is a group of people who come together to help each other save time and money by sharing their skills and knowledge with one another. Time is the medium of exchange. Everyone’s hours are valued equally.
Meeting other Time Bank members in person is important. Setting up exchanges between people who have had even a little face-to-face contact seems to be quite easy and natural.
Winter/Spring HELP Calendar All events at St. Mark’s Church (E. 3rd Ave. & 9th St.) in Durango:
Intros/Orientations after all potlucks and by appointment. Please call 970-759-7236 to schedule.
Potlucks: all on SATURDAY from noon to 2:00
March 10 (changed from March 3)
What you may find when you join H.E.L.P.
- That everyone’s time is equal to everyone else’s.
- Help with projects.
- New friends.
- Real social security.
- Opportunities to learn new things.
- Outlets for your creativity.
- The joy of working together with other people.
- A rich confluence of generations, cultures, ideologies.
- Projects that benefit both individuals and the whole community.
- Endless possibilities of what we can accomplish together.
- A life in which receiving really is as important as giving.
- Other people who like the idea of a local economy based on exchanges of time.
- That the abilities you take for granted are of great value to those who don’t possess them.