Hour Exchange La Plata (H.E.L.P), La Plata County Colorado.
CHANGE TO 25TH GATHERING: 6:30 POTLUCK TO FOLLOW 6:00 INTRO
Wednesday, March 25 - Introductory Presentation (6 PM) and Potluck (6:30) at St. Mark’s Church in Durango (corner of E. 3rd and 9th St.) in the downstairs library
A Time Bank is a group of people who come together to help other members save time and money by sharing their skills and knowledge with one another. They also help each other simply by getting to know each other.
Time is the medium of exchange. Everyone’s hours are valued equally.
Saturday, March 28 - Time Bank Research Project (11 AM to 1 PM) at the Strater Hotel in Durango (7th and Main)
HELP members 55 years and older are invited to participate in this research project looking at the potential quality of later life benefits of time banking. Two researchers are coming from Denver for this conversation/survey meeting. A light lunch will be provided.
What you may find when you join H.E.L.P.
- That everyone’s time is equal to everyone else’s.
- Help with projects.
- New friends.
- Real social security.
- Opportunities to learn new things.
- Outlets for your creativity.
- The joy of working together with other people.
- A rich confluence of generations, cultures, ideologies.
- Projects that benefit both individuals and the whole community.
- Endless possibilities of what we can accomplish together.
- A life in which receiving really is as important as giving.
- Other people who like the idea of a local economy based on exchanges of time.
- That the abilities you take for granted are of great value to those who don’t possess them.